August 2016 / 1 posts found
The design of your company’s website can truly make or break your entire brand. Everyone is on the Internet today (some of your potential customers even grew up using it), and users know what they do and don’t like when it comes to web design.
Your website either looks professional, or it doesn’t. There is no middle ground when it comes to website design.
It’s important to consult with an experienced digital marketing agency for website assistance, but here are some essential modern web design ideas that you should keep in mind for your site.
- Speed — If your website doesn’t load fast, you’re doomed. In today’s instant world, if people don’t get to where they want immediately, they go crazy. If it takes more than three seconds to load your site, a majority of visitors will click away.
- Usability — A 22-year-old tech prodigy and a 69-year-old retired grandmother should be able use your website. A surefire way to get visitors to leave in angry frustration is to make the website too complicated.
- Functionality — Along with usability, the simple ability to do what a website is supposed to do cannot be understated. Make sure your scroll bars scroll, your pictures load, your links work, and that all the crucial information users need is easy to find.
- Aesthetically Pleasing — Small details like using bullet point lists over regular lists can actually make a major difference. One survey of online behavior found that roughly 70% of people will take the time to look at lists that use bullets, but only 55% of people will read lists without bullets. Your website doesn’t need to look flashy, but information still needs to be displayed in a readable way.
- Social Media Links — Providing visitors with a way to follow you on Twitter, “like” you on Facebook, and share your content is a great way to engage with your customers and build your brand.
- Mobile — So many online consumers shop through their mobile devices, so it’s important that your website properly works on cell phones. About 62% of eCommerce companies that designed a mobile site saw a subsequent increase in their sales.
- Images and Videos — One of the better web design ideas that business can take advantage of is simply adding pictures and videos to your websites. You don’t want to have too many photos and videos on your page, but your visitors will enjoy looking at a few. Hero images and background videos have become especially popular in recent years.
- Simplistic View — According to Inspired Magazine, you only have 10 seconds to make an impression on a visitor and let them know what they’re going to get out of your website. If your website is filled with nonsense and clutter, it will actually stress users out and they will flee. However, if you have plenty of whitespace and a nice, clean layout, you will see positive results.
- Make Sure Everything Fits — Everything should fit on the page. It’s okay for users to scroll down and check out the rest of the page (in fact, long scrolling is the new standard for homepages), but you should never, ever have horizontal scroll bars!
- Organized Menus — You should have a quality menu bar at the top of your page that will allow visitors to easily maneuver through all of your web pages. Make sure every page is labeled properly and in its correct position. On the backend, make sure you have a sitemap.
- Don’t Forget the Call To Action — Make sure to have a simple way for your visitors to easily find the contact page and information about how to get in touch with you. Introduce compelling calls to action throughout your website.
If you are in need of digital assistance of any kind, contact Fan and Fuel today to speak with our web developers and learn more about your web design ideas.